GET THE LOOK: 7 TABLESCAPE INSPIRATIONS FOR YOUR THANKSGIVING PARTY
Thanksgiving is one of the most-awaited holidays of the year. It's all about celebrating milestones, blessings, and all the good things that made the year worth being grateful for. Do not pass on the opportunity to gather your loved ones over hearty, scrumptious meals (turkey included, of course).
And since you're already going out of your way to prepare the food, make sure you get to present them well, too. Exert an effort on your tablescape; complement it with the finest, most exquisite entertaining essentials. Today, when it matters if something is Instagrammable and Pinterest-worthy or not, it makes such a huge difference to not just give your loved ones a feast for their tummies but also a visual feast.
One way to gauge if your party is a success is if the guests can't get enough of taking photos of your setup一it's like they're already full even before they take a bite of something!
The options are aplenty when it comes to themes to pursue. Thanksgiving is a holiday that is pretty flexible and versatile. While there are tried-and-tested looks and color schemes for it, it's not bound by strict rules in terms of decorating.
Let your creativity flow freely. Consider the personality of your guests and match your tablescape concept accordingly. Check if the theme complements the dishes you're going to serve as well, so that the overall experience is complete and cohesive.
Here are some tablescape inspirations for Thanksgiving Day, as well as accents and accessories to elevate your spread from ordinary to extraordinary and nice to well-thought-out.
1. Summer in November
Summer is a state of mind. It inspires a look that exudes positivity and dynamism. Take your guests to your favorite summer destination by putting together a tablescape that's like a ray of sunshine. This theme will look fabulous whether you're holding your intimate gathering indoor or outdoor. Choose a vibrant tablecloth, whether solid-colored or printed, to instantly set the mood. Once you have pinned down the tablecloth, it'll be easier to build on it with the table accents, dinnerware, glassware, utensils, etc.
What to check out:
- It's so easy to fall in love with prints that call to mind a one-of-a-kind summer getaway in a destination like Tuscany. Our Springfield Multi French Table Cloth looks so vibrant it seems to transport guests to the countryside. It features prints of poppies, wildflowers, and blue dandelions that make for an elegant yet playful backdrop for the rest of the tablescape essentials.
- Balance out the vibrant tablecloth with plain or muted dinner plates, like our Pier 1 Luminous 4 Piece Porcelain White Dinner Plates Set which is fashioned in a classic white and round shape.
- Match your white dinner plates with a gold flatware set for a touch of luxe that offers a beautiful contrast to the cool casual feel of a summery tablescape.
- Elements of nature are staples in summer-inspired tablescapes. Your elegant dinner plates will stand out against these natural placemats, which are sold in a set of four. You'll never go wrong with this handmade, tightly woven straw placemats.
- To lend some contrast to your stark white dinner plates, go for our Pier 1 Clear Crackle Set of 4 Stemless Wine Glasses or the versions for red wine and white wine.
2. Flower power
Floral prints are among the most timeless prints ever. While the aura and vibe they exude are typically associated with summer, they are actually seasonless. You don't need to wait for spring or summer to take them out of your storage and put them to good use. You can go about styling around a main floral piece in two ways: either you keep everything else to a minimum and let this one element make a statement, or you mix and match similar prints and spread them out in a spread. LIke, in the example above, the look is cohesive because there are pillow cases that follow the tablecloth's print, and to top that off, there's even a vase of flowers that took cues from the colors on the tablecloth.
What to check out:
- If you find a tablecloth too formal or visually heavy for you, there are also table runners that are as stunning as the former but look and feel significantly lighter. Check out this Exotic Garden Summer or Bohem Tropical Bloom Table Runner.
- Start your Thanksgiving meal with soup served in classic white bowls with a glazed finish, like our Pier 1 Luminous 4 Piece Cereal Porcelain White Bowls Set.
- Since the tablecloth is already busy, make the conscious effort to keep everything else neutral. Pick one color that's highlighted on your tablecloth and make that the color of your table napkins. For example, this napkin in a lovely rose hue, with pom pom accents on the edge, makes for a good contrast with something printed or more statement-making. Small details matter. Match your solid-colored napkin with an eye-catching napkin ring. Go for something classier like this 5-Leaf Flower Set in either silver, gold, or white, or a design that's more playful like our handmade pastel felted wool napkin ring holders.
- Keep the vibrant theme throughout the table spread. Incorporate fun elements like this Twine Luster Stemless Wine Glass Set, which has a gorgeous rainbow sheen, or one that's hand-painted like this turquoise champagne flute.
- Top off your tablescape with a stunning artificial floral arrangement: choose from orchid, cherry blossoms, or roses.
3. A touch of green
Greenery has long been a favorite of tastemakers, because of their elegance and the way they bring any setup or vignette to life. A touch of green can go a long way, especially in a table setting. The lively color can work well with white, cream, sand, khaki, dove gray, and the like. Green symbolizes life, energy, and growth, exuding freshness that can spruce up your Thanksgiving table spread in no time. It can tie all tablescape elements together harmoniously, as you bring a slice of the outdoors in or blend beautifully in a lush garden setup.
What to check out:
- Build your tablescape on a solid, neutral tablecloth to serve as the perfect canvas for the touches of green you plan to integrate. Our Ivory Everyday Design Solid Color Tablecloth is a timeless, sophisticated choice that's clean and chic.
- Layer a runner over the tablecloth for visual depth. The sea green version of this textured cotton runner is perfect for your "green is in" concept.
- Introduce a print in your tablescape through plates that are inspired by the beauty and tranquility of the environment. This set of yellow floral salad plates will delight the green thumb and a guest's discerning palate for entertaining.
- Add a touch of green through glassware. These hand painted wine glasses will surely earn nods of approval and compliments from your dear guests.
- What better way to incorporate green in your table setting than by adding plants or flowers?! This Lilac Silk Flower Arrangement looks sweet and delicate, a perfect finishing touch to an overall elegant composition. Our Glass With Greenery LED table decor also makes a beautiful centerpiece.
4. Gilded glam
Invite your guests to dress up a little for a Thanksgiving dinner party. Consider the occasion a great excuse to recreate a fine dining ambiance right in the comfort of your own home. Tablescapes punctuated with gold accents are timeless favorites, and are the go-to for when the mood calls for an elevated dining experience to match a perfectly curated menu. The juxtaposition of the neutral pieces and gilded elements results in a cohesive display that's an absolute feast for the eyes.
What to check out:
- Pick a tablecloth in a natural shade to offset the boldness of the gold elements. This Toscana tablecloth is perfect for the luxurious design direction you intended to take. At the same time, its textured feel makes it less intimidating and more inviting for your guests.
- Choose a table runner that lends a bit of contrast to the tablecloth. Go for something geometric and dramatic like this Summer Sun Home Art Waves Cream Chocolate Table Runner, or artsy and abstract like our Sewzinski Coffee And Cream Waves Table Runner. But if you find these too bold and playful for your taste, there are always classic options like the Pier 1 Tassel Gold Dot Table Runner.
- The gold element in your tablescape can come in the form of your placemats. Your guests will surely be impressed with our set of gold laser cut-out placemats. It's exquisite, but you'll appreciate that it was made in an eco-friendly manner, too.
- A classic Christmas design of dinner plates could also work for your Thanksgiving spread. The Pier 1 Berries & Balsam Set of 4 Dinner Plates look great against gold charger plates or placemats. Set your plates alongside a gold flatware set which is handmade by skilled artisans.
- A luxurious dining experience is incomplete without some wine. Treat your guests to the finest wines served in our award-winning fine-dining glassware that was made in Germany: our Vino Grande collection that has a version for white wine and red wine.
5. Silver sliver
Luxurious tablescapes can also come in silver-accentuated setups. They're the more subdued counterparts of decadent gold tablescapes but they also exude opulence. They are best combined with white, to create an output that embodies elegance down to the last details. When using a glamorous color scheme like this, it's important to be mindful of how the prints, patterns, textures, and sheen complement each other; keep in mind that they have to blend harmoniously together while still allowing each element to shine. Touches of metallic amp up the tablescape.
What to check out:
- A solid white tablecloth is an ideal start for a table setting defined by silver accents. This one is made of cotton and has wrinkle-resistant properties, making it a perfect fit for dressier gatherings.
- Enjoy your delicious meals with stylish utensils to match. This silver flatware set has textured powder-coated handles with a high-gloss finish.
- One way of adding silver into the mix is through the napkin rings. They're like fashionable accessories that complete your tablescape ensemble. Check out this set with various sparkling designs or this minimalist set with hammered design.
- Opt for silver candle holders as your centerpieces. Pro tip: choose centerpieces that are not too high so those guests sitting across each other can still see and talk to each other properly. This set of traditional silver aluminum candle holders has just the right size. The twig-style design of this Metal Silver Hanukkah Taper Candle Holder is also perfect because it's low yet statement-making.
- Serve your drinks in style and place them on the table using our Marble Silver Foil Cork Set of 4 Coasters which features a foil print and a cork backing for stability and durability.
6. Natural flair
Are you among the countless fans of natural elements at home? Then it's easy to imagine your home to be filled with all sorts of natural materials like jute, seagrass, rattan, wicker, etc. Put together your Thanksgiving tablescape by staying consistent with your organic interior design elements. Complement these pieces with greenery for a casual, cozy, yet chic table setting that has an of-the-moment yet seasonless appeal at the same time. Add some wooden elements to complete the look.
What to check out:
- Let your dining table's natural grain or texture shine and opt to do without a tablecloth. Instead, go with placemats to set the tone of your tablescape. This round-shaped brown and white placemat is made of 100% natural jute. This classic brown cotton set, handwoven in India by village artisans, also makes for a fabulous option.
- Create a focal point in the table spread with unique centerpieces like these handmade terracotta pots with a modernist design. For an unexpected styling, mix them with these handmade jute storage baskets that you may decorate with some natural fiber floral wheat bunch, billy button bunch, and/or bunny tail grass bunch.
- Wooden serving bowls are perfect for this theme for their rustic look. Instead of wood, you'll find that our terracotta plates will also help achieve a tasteful overall vibe. Love serving cheese and crackers? This round acacia wood cheese paddle will be your new favorite!
- Add a pop of print in your neutral tablescape through our Mexican Mas Red Pottery Flared Coffee Mugs that were hand-painted by women artisans.
- For the centerpiece, line up two to three pieces of this farmhouse-style Beige Recycled Wood Natural LED Candle Holder Lantern on the middle of the table. It comes with a round mouth and base, wooden beads, and rope handle.
7. Falling for autumn
What better theme to maximize for Thanksgiving than one that is autumn-inspired?! Bold orange tones, fall leaves, and pumpkin are the main elements associated with this style; they are typically combined with natural elements for a seamless recreation of a perfect autumn scenery. As Thanksgiving and autumn are also linked with the concept of harvesting, it'd be great to dress up your table with an abundant and bountiful approach; do not scrimp on the table accents to fully imbibe the celebratory vibe.
What to check out:
- When we say autumn, the color orange immediately comes to mind. Start decorating your table by covering it with an orange tablecloth.
- An autumn-inspired tablescape is incomplete without pumpkin accents. Choose from details like our Pier 1 Yellow Striped Fabric Weighted Pumpkin, Ceramic Brown Harvest Pumpkin Set of 3 Tea Light Holder, Fall Pumpkin Gourds and Berries Artificial Autumn Arrangement, and/or Fall Pumpkin and Berries in Washed Vase Autumn Harvest Artificial Arrangement which can serve as centerpieces.
- If you prefer a simpler tablescape, sans the bold orange tablecloth, go for orange napkins for that much-needed pop of color instead. This Laundered Linen Set of 4 Napkins has an orange/neutral version that's perfect for this theme.
- Put a playful twist to your table setting by using fun pumpkin napkin rings like this Pumpkin Spice set of four felted wool napkin rings.
- Serve appetizers in this cute Harvest Multicolor Ceramic Painted Pumpkin Tidbit Tray.
- It's not often that you see orange wine glasses, so let these pieces from our Peruvian Splendor collection be part of your glassware collection now.
Having fun decorating your table is the most important thing regardless of the theme you'll end up pursuing for your Thanksgiving party at home. Be creative. Mix and match. Put together an aesthetic tablescape that'll serve as a background for your photos with your loved ones. But more than the visuals, pay attention to how comfortable and cozy the setting is for your guests.
Shop for pieces for your Thanksgiving party at Pier 1 today!