4 KEY ELEMENTS TO CREATE YOUR OWN OUTDOOR OASIS
Summer is here. Make the most of your outdoor space by turning it into an oasis, where you can bask in the sun, breathe in fresh air, and be one with nature.
Next to your bedroom, this could serve as your private sanctuary. So, decorate and give it some character through pieces of outdoor furniture and accents that mirror your personality and lifestyle.
Regardless if your outdoor area is small or big, pay attention to these key elements to create a relaxing space you’d love to take a break at in between work-from-home commitments or come home to after a busy day in the office.A summer escape could be literally close to home when you fix up your outdoor space with these picks:
1. Pick a statement chair to set the space’s mood and style direction
Modern Plank Detail Cushioned Outdoor Sectional Chat Set
If you’re thinking of transforming your outdoor space into an oasis, you naturally intend to spend a lot of time in it. Make sure you have stylish and comfy chairs where you can lounge anytime you feel like doing so. Your choices range from big sectional sofas that are perfect for entertaining, to loveseats and chat sets that are ideal for relaxing with drinks and snacks on hand, to even hammocks and rocking chairs that are great for afternoon naps and reading a book.
- Our Canaan All-Weather Wicker Outdoor Large Corner Sectional Sofa with Cushions can comfortably seat five to six people. It’s designed with square arms and box seam, weather-resistant polyester cushions with tufted seat-backs. Its frame is made of all-weather resin wicker that surrounds a 100% aluminum rust-proof, powder-coated frame.
- Enjoy hearty conversations with your loved ones with this 4-piece outdoor lounge chat set. Made of acacia wood frames and polyester cushions, this set includes a chair, ottoman, loveseat, and coffee table.
- Add elegance to your garden with this clean and modern white loveseat. Its frame is made of acacia and punctuated by all-weather rope accents on the sides. It comes with plush upholstered cushions, too.
- Whether you decide to mount it on trees or simply on a stand, this hammock will be a great addition to the space. It has a nice boho vibe and is big enough to fit two people.
- For the ultimate rest and relaxation, you’ll love this classically designed rocking chair. It’s made from durable acacia wood, which features a beautiful natural wood grain finish.
- Highlight your seating area with an area rug. This Tropical Leaf Cream Outdoor Rug, made from 100% weather-resistant material, has a nature-inspired leaf design that’s perfect for summer.
2. Add a relaxing water feature
Your outdoor oasis won’t be complete without a water feature. Both eye- and ear-catching, it’s a charming accent that not only breaks the monotony of the landscape and lush greenery, but also has a calming effect with the sound of trickling or flowing water.
- For that aquatic ambiance in your garden, check out our Unique Sculpture Water Fountain. Put it as a highlight in a corner or an accent in the middle of a flower bed. It has beautiful intricate details that lend vintage sophistication to a space.
- Style your outdoor console or coffee table with this Cascading Tabletop Water Fountain to easily add a serene vibe. It has this stunning textured rock design that can boost a furniture piece’s aesthetic appeal.
- Complete the meditative feel outdoors with a garden fountain. Our Tranquil Springs Pagoda Garden Fountain has a lovely Asian-inspired design, with water cascading from a pagoda to two stone bowls. It’s made from high-quality resin and hand-finished with a greystone effect.
- The look and sound of cascading waters never fail to give off a relaxing feel. Enhance the ambiance of your garden with a fountain like our LaTaverna Cascading Urns Illuminated Garden Fountain, which is cast in quality designer resin and hand-finished to replicate natural stone and aged terracotta. Taking cues from the romantic Italian coast, it features water trickling down from two urns into a LED illuminated rocky basin.
Animal elements also add a unique charm to a garden. With our Rocky Mountain Splash Black Bears Garden Fountain, you get to hit two birds with one stone since you get a water feature and animal sculptures at the same time. This 2½-foot tall piece features four bears playing around and tumbling down the rocky slope where water cascades from.
3. Plants are beautiful, but you can make them more attractive with your choice of pots and planters
What’s an outdoor oasis without plants? Incomplete, that’s what! The way plants put one at ease is unparalleled. Merely looking at them is already relaxing, and when you’re even tending to them, the effect can be therapeutic.
- A wishing well is a garden staple. But this rustic piece puts a twist to it, as it serves as a planter that’ll surely be a statement accent in your outdoor space. How cute!
- Looking for a unique planter? This Wagon Wheel Barrel Planter Display might just meet what you’re looking for both in style and function. It’s very eye-catching, too!
- Complement your wicker outdoor furniture with planters made of the same material. This set of two tall planters look so chic with its dark brown wicker exteriors.
- Extend your home’s farmhouse aesthetic into your outdoor space. Add accents like this set of three round planters made of galvanized industrial silver metal.
- A nice vintage touch is always welcome in a garden. When it’s as lovely and unique as our Vintage Faucet Garden Planter, it’s a definite bonus. This 3½ foot tall, vintage spigot is multipurpose一it can hold your plant pot and even your bucket for iced beverages when you’re entertaining at home.
4. Pay attention to lighting, to enhance the ambiance
Your outdoor space is guaranteed to look even more beautiful and be more conducive for relaxation when you put lighting elements. You can make it feel like there’s a party all year round with those cool string lights and elegant lanterns.
- Highlight the space with our Solar Powered Crystal Ball String Lights. Charged by the sun, these LED string lights come with eight different light functions.
- Illuminate your walkways with plastic, weather-resistant, and reusable luminarias that come in a set of 12. They not only brighten the space but also bring forth warmth.
- Accentuate your reading nook and maximize the area at the same time with our space-saving Ornate Candle Set of 2 Wall Sconces. It’s a stunning sculptural piece that also serves the purpose of enhancing an area’s ambiance.
- Match your pieces of wooden outdoor furniture with this gorgeous candle lantern that can hold up to three candles. Put it on the floor by your chair, or put it on top of a table as décor.
- Shop for battery-operated outdoor fairy lights that are versatile garden add-ons. Try putting them in a vase or an empty wine bottle for a unique touch and glow.
Shop for outdoor furniture pieces and accents at Pier 1 today!
Check out our Outdoor Oasis collection.