OCEAN-INSPIRED HOME DÉCOR IDEAS AND FRAGRANCES TO TRY
It’s World Oceans Day! Foster a love and deeper appreciation of the ocean by incorporating home décor that instantly transports you and your family to the beach. Whether you decide to take the subdued coastal or eclectic nautical route, there’s no denying the relaxing effect ocean-inspired accents can have on home dwellers’ mood.
With a sea of ocean-inspired options available, you’ll find it easy to create your indoor or outdoor oasis with just a few touches here and there. These pieces are perfect for lending a vacation and summer vibe to your home, but they’re perennially delightful as well.Celebrate World Oceans Day today and beyond with these tips and picks:
1. Welcome marine life accents into your home
Marine life accents have a distinctively vibrant way of making a space come alive. Their styles range from playful to sophisticated, making them décor staples that can be used in all areas of the home. Kids and adults alike will feel calmer when surrounded by these elements.
- Put an elegant and eye-catching coastal accent in the living room. This table lamp has an ivory seahorse base design and classic drum shade in an oatmeal hue. Its neutral colors will perfectly complement more vibrant pieces.
- Continue the ocean theme even in the bathroom. Update your shower curtain with this blue and taupe Harbor Life design featuring starfish, seahorse, reef, and fish prints.
- For your kids’ room, it’ll be great to introduce them to the “ocean fishes of the world” with an artwork printed on high-quality archive paper and hand-framed. The illustrations are set against a blue background that makes them pop more.
- Dress up your patio with colorful accents, like our Coral Wave pillow made of 100% polyester. Its highly detailed painterly effect is achieved by Liora Manne's patented Lamontage process which combines handcrafted art and bright, three-dimensional fabric with cutting-edge technology.
- An area rug is a go-to accent for many. Choose one that’s as versatile as this Reef Border Ocean Rug that may be used indoor or outdoor. Try highlighting your dining set with this rug that’s made of 100% woven polypropylene.
2. Create a zen vibe with elements that mimic the ocean flow and depth
Surrounding yourself with home accents that exude a soothing vibe proves to make a huge difference. It’s easy to get drawn to the calmness, the beauty, and the deep blue hues of the ocean. Their visual impact ripples out to calm the senses and put one at ease, while making a stunning statement.
- Anchor your living room’s styling on a set of artworks that make for conversation pieces. This canvas wall art shows a different take on the visual depth and color range of the ocean with its striking crystal or mineral geode patterns.
- Demarcate a space with an area rug, featuring serene waves. This Corsica Water Blue Indoor Rug captures the essence of water and fluidity. It has a versatile look that may be used in the living room, home office, bedroom, or even the balcony.
- Add a pop of color and touch of texture to a neutral chair. This square decorative cotton pillow will do the trick in style. Its design features an abstract digital print that has watercolor effects in hues of silver and blue.
- Give your home office a cool vintage touch with this artsy wall print that features an ocean overview and all of Manhattan from a birds-eye view. It’s printed on high-quality archive paper, framed, and designed with wall-mounting hooks.
- Incorporate a touch of blue to any area of your home. One of the easiest ways to do this is by maximizing the vibe and function of linens, like this abstract fringed polyester throw in aqua, multi-teals, or multi-blues. This throw is woven from recycled water and beverage bottles that would have made their way into landfills globally.
3. Achieve a refreshing ambiance and fill your home with oceanside scents
To achieve a beach vacation vibe design goal, it’s not all about meeting the visual requirements一it’s also about appealing to the sense of smell. And it’s amazing how scents have the power to instantly call to mind laid-back days with the ocean breeze and aroma. Packaged in cool designs and stylish containers, they help tie a look together.
- Scented candles are home staples, as they elevate spaces quickly and effortlessly. Our hand-poured Pier 1 Oceans Box Soy Candle has a fresh blend of jonquil, marigold, crisp greens, and precious woods.
- What makes scented candles more of a favorite decorative element is their container. This candle made of natural vegan wax comes in a beautiful oceans charm striped jar in varying shades of blue. Use it to decorate a side table, nightstand, or even a tablescape.
- Establish the mood in a space with the help of a reed diffuser like our Pier 1 Sea AirTM. It features a welcoming, breezy blend of tropical jasmine, white lilac and gardenia, and a splash of peach.
- Envelope the room with the alluring aroma of the salty, aquatic ozone. This Pier 1 Bergamot Sea Salt Room Spray can change the mood of a space with just a few spritzes. It has hints of white thyme, sheer eucalyptus, and fresh lemongrass over sparkling marine amber notes.
- Scented candles appeal to the senses of sight and smell. Not only do they contribute to the atmosphere through their concoction of aromas, they also serve as decorative pieces. Our Pier 1 Oceans Mottled Pillar 3x6 Candle recreates the ocean scent with a blend of jonquil, marigold, hyacinth, rose, lilac, citrus fruits, rich warm precious woods, and fresh marine ozone. It has a beautiful textured look, too!
Feel like you’re on beach vacation all year round. Recreate a staycation ambiance by incorporating oceanic decorative items and home fragrances to your abode now. These elements are classic, timeless, sophisticated, and playful at the same time. With these accents, any room in your home can bring about that transportive mood any time of the year.
Shop for ocean-inspired home accents and fragrances at Pier 1 today!