WHAT TO GET FOR YOUR FATHER’S MAN CAVE
Father’s Day is fast approaching. If you haven’t yet decided on what to give your dad, husband, or brother, we’ve got some cool, cozy, and creative ideas for you.
We know, gifts for dads are not the easiest to come up with. Different personalities call for different presents, after all. There are fathers who are style-savvy, artsy, outdoorsy, and sporty. Some are into cooking and mixology, or quite the handyman.
But whatever their interests may be, gifts for the home and their man caves will always be well appreciated. Also known as the mantuary, this is a space at home where men hang out, take a break, and enjoy their hobbies. Its look and ambiance may be typically dark, moody, and edgy but they’re relaxing just the same.Surprise and make the special men in your life happy with these Father’s Day gift ideas.
1. Upgrade his entertainment center
The entertainment center is a highlight in a man cave both in aesthetic and purpose. It sets the tone in a space. It’s perfect for relaxing while watching his favorite series, movies, or replays of sports matches. A TV stand is a statement piece of furniture that’ll give his man cave a significant makeover; with an electric fireplace as a bonus, it’ll warm up the place in no time.
- There are many styles of TV stands to choose from. You’d want one that isn’t totally detached from the rest of the house in terms of style. This traditional console comes with an electric fireplace, and is meant to be space-saving with its corner design. It’s available in seven colors, too.
- An entertainment center isn’t complete without the perfect chair to lounge around in. A chesterfield sofa is a classic. It has rolled arms, button-tufting, and Y-shaped gold-tone metal legs that look luxurious. The black or brown version of this sofa will look great in his mantuary.
- Make him feel more comfortable as he binge-watch in his spare time. Here’s a folding foot stool where he can rest his tired legs on. It’s made of teak with a rich, golden finish. It’s perfect with an armchair.
- Complete his home entertainment setup with a coffee table, like this dark brown trunk chest coffee table. It has a traditional style that’ll be aligned with the masculinity of his man cave. What’s more, it has several storage spaces!
- Give him something cool and unique to perch atop his TV stand or end table. Check out this black metal vintage camera sculpture. It’s an antique film projector décor that’s modeled after a vintage double-reel projector with exposed mechanical details.
2. Breathe new life to his reading nook
If he’s into reading and doesn’t have a designated area for it at home yet, then it’s the perfect time to transform a corner into it. You only need a few key pieces to make this happen. If he has this area already, then a little furniture or décor update will surely put a smile on his face.
- The bookshelf or bookcase is a must-have in any reading nook. This pipe bookcase has a cool urban industrial aesthetic that’s versatile and timeless. It’s made of high-grade manufactured wood and a sturdy metal frame. You have three color options: barnwood, driftwood, or dark walnut.
- He needs a stylish and comfy armchair, too, so he can enjoy flipping through the book pages more. Our Cybil lounge chair has a modern frame and exposed antique brass legs. Choose from vintage caramel leather, dove cream fabric, or polo club kohl gray performance fabric.
- Lighting is also crucial in this spot. Get him a cool floor lamp he’ll surely be in awe of. This industrial vintage metal and wood tripod floor lamp with nickel-plated spotlight comes highly recommended.
- A sleek and edgy reading nook needs an end table that follows the same aesthetic. Our Astley end table has a unique tapered design that looks bold yet understated at the same time. It’s made from concrete with a gray marble look.
- Add visual interest in his bookshelf with striking bookends, like this African carved wood set. They’re hand-carved from sustainably sourced jacaranda wood.
3. Give a different flavor to his bar area
For men who love stocking up on alcoholic drinks and concocting different cocktails, a bar area is essential. Whether he loves having friends over and entertaining at home or enjoying a few sips as a form of bonding with his partner, he’ll love anything that’ll spice up this cozy spot.
- Get him a bar cart he can roll over around his man cave and even the rest of the house. This brass iron bar cart lends a luxurious touch to any space. It has three glass tiers, perfect for holding everything he might need to prepare his preferred drinks.
- A bar stool is a versatile addition to his man cave. This chair is made with a woven top and a solid wood frame with rubbed edges for a worn look. With a swivel below the seat and a footrest at the bottom, it’s pretty comfy, too.
- More storage for his collection of drinks is always welcome. Pick one that’s space-saving like this wall mounted wine bottle and stemware rack. It has a modern industrial look, and is made from warp-resistant MDF and durable laminate.
- New tools for his mixology hobby will find a special place not only in his mantuary but also in his heart. Give him this ultra luxe, heavyweight cocktail shaker in shiny gold plating for him to whip up more delicious drinks.
- If he has always wanted to try concocting drinks but hasn’t quite gotten around to doing it yet, he’ll finally be inspired to try it when you give him this 7-piece bar tool set. It comes in a rectangular leather toolbox.
When shopping for gifts for Father’s Day, always consider his interests, hobbies, and lifestyle. Interestingly, whatever his personality may be, you’re likely to find something for the home that’ll suit his taste and preferences. Regardless if it’s a man cave or simply a nook, pieces of furniture and home accents are ideal picks for him for this special occasion and beyond.
Shop for Father’s Day gifts at Pier 1 today!