Welcome summer with patriotic inspiration. Americana-themed table setting essentials and summer-ready outdoor must-haves.
1. Tablescape essentials in classic red, white, and blue never go out of style
Classic Americana red, white, and blue colors and stars and stripes forever.
- The foundation of any tablescape is typically the tablecloth. It sets the tone and the other elements are put together to complement it. This cotton Star Check Tablecloth makes such a powerful statement, whether you use it for a summer bbq, or an outdoor picnic.
- If you want to showcase your dining table but still want to add character to your setting, then a runner is the best product to turn to. A bold, printed design like this cotton American Plaid Table Runner can go well with wooden tables with a farmhouse or rustic charm.
- When putting together a tablescape, every detail must be considered. Even small elements like utensils and glassware contribute to the overall vibe. This Hand-Painted Patriotic Glass Carafe will add that special touch to your classic red, blue, and white theme.
- If you have your stars and red accents ready this nautical inspired stripe set will help complete your Americana look. Stripe Tabletop Placemats
Highlight your dinner plates by setting them against a round, bold-hued placemat like this Americana Braided Placemat. It’s made of tight woven durable polypropylene that’s stain-resistant and suitable for outdoor use.
2. Neutral natural elements for your table settings are versatile must-haves.
Anyone who loves entertaining at home knows how important it is to invest in neutral-hued hosting essentials, particularly dinnerware and table linens and accessories. Not only can they serve as a canvas for bolder accents, like the centerpiece and other décor, they’re also timeless and can be constantly reused.
- Coasters are small, charming details that make a big difference in a table spread. This Handmade Toquilla Straw Coaster is made of 100% natural fiber and handmade by women artists in Ecuador. Not only is it pretty, it’s eco-friendly, too!
- To lend an earthy aesthetic to your tablescape, check out these braided Seagrass Mats made of sturdy material and are visually striking.
- If your setting’s theme is boho, this round Handmade Jute Placemat will perfectly complement the overall laid-back mood. What’s more beautiful about it is it was sustainably handmade by Fair Trade artisans in Bangladesh.
- In keeping with a clean, easy-on-the-eyes scheme, it’s best to match linens in natural hues and materials with solid white dinnerware, like this glazed Porcelain White Salad Plates.
A table setting feels incomplete without stylish accents that enhance the ambience. For this, candles are typically the go-to. Try the Pier 1 Cuban Vanilla Solid Pillar Candle whose aroma of true vanilla bean is blended with warm woods.
3. Entertain in style with elegant outdoor furniture pieces.
If you’re fortunate enough to have a garden, patio, or backyard, make the most of this space by hosting intimate parties with your loved ones from time to time. Furnish the space with sleek and elegant furniture pieces and accents, and make it a place you’d always want to chill and take a breather.
- Create an al fresco dining setup. Even when you’re not holding a party, how nice would it be to have your family meals here every now and then? Invest in furniture like this 5-Piece Outdoor Dining Set that has a white hexagon tile tabletop and matching black and white woven chairs.
- Furniture pieces that transform are always fascinating. Get one to dress up your garden. This Convertible Outdoor Settee can go from being a loveseat to a chaise lounge to a settee in a jiffy. It’s functional and very stylish, too, with the at-home resort feel it gives off.
- When you’re entertaining outdoors, it’s best to have a variety of tables and chairs. Aside from the dining table, a smaller accent table could hold your guests’ drinks as they’re lounging around. You’ll love this 3-Tier Cocktail Table with three tabletops designed with inlaid multi-patterned tile.
- Ditch the disposable cups for your party, and go with classy glassware that matches your theme. These Hand-Painted Glasses in Peruvian Yellow are absolute must-haves, and they’re especially perfect for summer!
Curate your outdoor space. Make your dining setup stand out more with an area rug, like our Vintage Filigree Textured Weave Outdoor Rug in varied tones of red and rust mixed with a beige pattern.
4. Enhance your home’s summery vibe by sprucing up your planters.
Plants are therapeutic all year round, but they contribute even more to that relaxing vibe
every summer. Visions of a tropical paradise easily come to mind whenever the hot season arrives. When placed in gorgeous, aesthetic planters, these plants breathe life into spaces more.
- Looking for a bold and unique planter to adorn a corner in your home? This Contemporary Abstract Planter is worth checking out. It’s made of weather-resistant resin with a dark brown/grey finish and ash brown wood textured patterns. But more remarkably, its design is a carved-out face!
- Sleek and edgy, this set of Black Metal Modern Planters will suit sophisticated, minimalist interiors with its clean lines, defined by angular structures.
- You can glam up your interiors with a touch of greenery, with plants placed in luxurious Gold Contemporary Planters that have a high gloss metallic overall finish.
- Planters present lots of opportunities to spark conversations among guests, more so when it’s a piece like the Bronze Polystone Traditional Planter. What’s unique about it? It has an elephant-inspired design with detailed facial features, trunk, and textured elephant skin-like pattern!
- Planters can make for great centerpieces, too, when it’s as glamorous as our Metallic Modern Planter. Made in India, it has a stunning high gloss metallic gold/silver finish with textured ripple engraved details.