STYLE YOUR HOME WITH FASHIONABLE HOME ACCESSORIES
Dressing up evokes images of people in beautiful clothes. So when an interior design tip such as “dress up your home” is given, it still follows. Dressing up for certain occasions works in the same way as styling spaces with different interior designs - you want to look your best and your home should be the same way.
You start with a canvas and accessorize to achieve your desired look. Like in fashion, interior designs for the home are categorized in the following aesthetics: classic, traditional, modern, contemporary, boho, and glam.
The goal for “dressing up” or “styling” a space is pretty much the same as its fashion counterpart. You accessorize your outfit because you want to express yourself and let your personality shine. In terms of the home, you add functional and decorative pieces that likewise mirror your personality and lifestyle. Interestingly, there are also home accents that take inspiration from or look like fashion accessories.
Keep scrolling for stylish home accents to shop for:
1. Incorporate classic LBDs into your space.
In fashion, LBD means the perennially chic and ever-reliable “little black dress.” Likewise, there is an array of timeless little black décor that lends a classy touch to a space. They can be paired with almost anything, too.
- Add a striking contrast and an elegant touch to your neutral or light-colored furniture pieces with a velvety black throw, like this reversible flannel throw that’s so plush and cozy. One side is made of flannel fleece, while the other is made of sherpa.
- Achieve drama in your bedroom with dramatic black curtains. This Night Sky Window Curtain looks luxurious with its faux silk material, glammed up further by the sparkling black and silver accents.
- Give your tablescape an ultra-luxe appeal with a Black Velvet Table Runner. Its look and texture lend an overall stylish feel fit for the hostess with the mostest.
- Create a focal point in your living room with statement artwork. This Metal Wall Décor is such a conversation piece. If it’ll be described in fashion lingo, one could say it’s contemporary and fashion-forward with those shiny curved details.
Monograms are simple yet luxurious. Fashionable with a glamorous treatment, this Black Monogram Pillow features thousands of tiny rhinestones melted into a rubberized material. This can be crafted with your choice of letter and color, allowing you to create your own brand of cool.
2. Boho-chic elements make a space look warm and cozy.
The popularity of music festivals like Coachella put the spotlight on fashionable bohemian outfits. The key elements for this look are eclectic prints like paisley, tribal, and ikat; tassels and fringe; as well as carefree silhouettes and fabrics. The same laid-back charm can be achieved in the home. There’s a spectrum of accent options to choose from!
- Don’t leave a plain wall unstyled. Leave it to this set of three rounded seagrass wall décor to make a cozy-chic statement. They’re handmade and feature a stunning floral pattern.
- An easy-breezy vibe can be effortlessly welcomed into a room by focusing on window treatments. This Boho Macrame Textured Cotton Window Curtain lends texture and visual interest to an oft-overlooked part. Its hand-knotted and handwoven geometric patterns look so lovely.
- The boho-chic aesthetic is fun, fresh, and frilly. It’s all about texture and color, and this Multi Bohemian Wall Décor fits right into that description. This talisman windchime made of iron and wool strings looks whimsical一what an eye candy!
- Those jute earrings often used to finish off a boho-chic ensemble have pretty counterparts in home décor! Check out this Bohemian Pendant Light, which has jute tied around a metal frame. It’ll surely dangle so beautifully in any space.
Allow yourself to be whisked to dreamland with bedroom linens in bright, paisley print. This Boho Chic Turquoise and Navy Set exudes vibrant youthfulness and exuberance that captures the cool, laid-back boho personality.
3. Glam up your space with statement lighting fixtures.
Chandelier earrings are gorgeous jewelry. They lend drama and that “wow” factor to an ensemble, whether they’re paired with a neutral outfit or mixed with more intricate pieces. In interior design vocabulary, you’ll find that chandeliers deliver the same impact and accentuate a ceiling in an over-the-top yet still elegant manner. There’s a perfect chandelier fixture for every kind of interior motif.
- Black and gold make a classic color combination, and this Transitional Modern LED Chandelier shows exactly why it’s a classic. This 9-light chandelier with a black finish and brass-gold candles was interestingly inspired by the empire silhouette that’s sleek and minimalist.
- The thing with chandeliers is they’re actually versatile. They may feel too luxurious for some spaces, but with a few twists with the materials, they can blend well in a casual interior, too. The perfect example is our Evelyn Iron and Wood Victorian Pendant Light, which is made of capiz shell, jute, and wood.
- For a glamorous accent in a living room, bedroom, or even home office, this LED Chandelier Pendant Light Fixture certainly won’t disappoint. It’s made of antique brass, gold crystal and metal, and is statement-making despite its quiet elegance.
- Lantern and cage-style chandeliers are favorites, and it’s easy to see why. They give off that unique old-world, rustic vibe, and accentuate a nook with a charming aesthetic and a warm glow. You’ll love this 4-light Metal Lantern Chandelier and its stunning distressed finish.
- Not all chandeliers are suspended from the ceiling. This cute and luxurious Bedside Table Lamp has the classic silhouette of a vintage-inspired girandole but is designed to be perched on a surface. It comes with sparkling crystal flowers and beads that adorn a caged lampshade and is finished in rich gold.
Whatever your fashion personality is, there’s surely an interior design and an array of home accents to match it. Dressing up a home should always zoom in on showcasing the dwellers’ taste and preferences, to come up with extraordinary spaces that contribute to self-expression. And to achieve that, it’s important to pay attention to each and every accessory that will help you create the style you’re going for.
Shop for more fashionable home accessories at Pier 1 today!