1) CONTEST PERIOD: The Pier1ofakind Contest (the “Contest”) starts on September 28th, 2021 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends on October 18th, 2021 at 11:59:59 PM EST (the “Contest Period”) and is comprised of a video submission contest as described below in Rules #3 and #4. Sponsors’ computer is the official time-keeping device for this contest.
2) ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who at time of entry are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Pier 1 Imports Online, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees (collectively “Released Entities”), and the immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households, whether related or not, of the above, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. By participating in the Contest, each entrant (an “Entrant”) agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and by Sponsors’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
3) HOW TO PARTICIPATE AND ENTER: To participate, Entrants must produce an original video that is approximately 30 seconds in length which focuses on a Pier 1 product they love (the “Submission Video”). Entrants then must:
(a) Post the Submission Video on their Instagram Feed;
(b) Include one of the following in the caption or comments of the Submission Video:
(1) The hashtag “#Pier1ofakind”; OR
(2) Tag Pier 1’s Instagram account, @pier1.
The account which Entrant uses to post the Submission Video must be set to public, not private.
As an alternate means of entry, Entrants may upload their Submission Video directly to Sponsor at: pier1.com/pages/pier1-contest.
Entrants are prohibited from using the intellectual property of any third-party without previously obtaining authorization or the rights to use such third-party intellectual property. By entering this Contest, Entrant agrees to sub-license to Sponsor, its affiliates, and subsidiaries, any rights in third-party intellectual property contained in their Submission Video.
You must post the Submission Video as instructed above in order to earn one (1) entry (an “Entry”) into the Contest, up to the limit stated below. Sponsor will monitor the hashtag #Pier1ofakind and tags of its Instagram account, @pier1, as forms of reviewing entries in order to select the winner. The Instagram account that posted the Submission Video will be used to contact you if you are selected as a potential prize winner as detailed in Rule #8.
Maximum of 3 Entries per account during the duration of the Contest Period, as defined above. Any Entrant submitting Entries in excess of the disclosed maximum, by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple email accounts or multiple social media accounts will be disqualified from participation in the Contest.
Participation via your mobile device may require a service plan for your web-enabled mobile device with your wireless service provider and a device that supports the App. Data rates may apply. See your wireless service provider for pricing plan details and capabilities.
4) GUIDELINES FOR CREATING WINNING SUBMISSION: The winning Submission Video will be the video which best showcases the Entrant’s selected Pier 1 product and follows the posting requirements outlined in Rule #3, as determined by the Pier1 Social Team. The Submission Video may include a verbal description of why the Entrant loves the product or how they use it in their every-day life.
In addition to the minimum requirements for Entries identified in Rule #3, The Pier1 Social Team has provided the following guidelines which may improve your Submission Video or which the Pier1 Social Team may consider in determining the winner:
(a) focus on your favorite Pier 1 product;
(b) describes and shows the featured product, Entrants’ use of the product, or why the Entrant loves the product;
(c) the Submission Video is well lit, preferably with natural lighting;
(d) The Submission Video is clear, high quality video that is not blurry or low-resolution;
(e) The Submission Video may include music which appropriate for all ages and does not include profanity;
(f) No profanity is contained anywhere in the Submission Video;
(g) Entrants are prohibited from using any intellectual property owned by a third-party, including music, logos, or trademarks, which they have not obtained the proper authorization to use;
(h) Submissions will not include any individual persons other than the Entrant or any personally identifiable information of any individuals;
(i) Shoot the Submission Video with your phone and in vertical format in order to appear more natural and ensure high-resolution video;
5) WINNER SELECTION SCHEDULE: The Pier1 Social Team will select and announce a winner within one (1) week after the conclusion of the Contest Period. The winners will be notified in accordance with Rule #8. Potential winners are subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these Official Rules.
6) PRIZE: The Sponsor will select first, second, and third place Entrants to receive gift card coupon codes for Pier 1 in the following amounts: first place will receive $1,000; second place will receive $500; and third place will receive $250 (the “Prize” or, collectively, “Prizes”).
7) GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: No substitutions or transfer of prizes permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors, who reserve the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, except as otherwise provided herein. Only three Prizes will be awarded in the Contest, as described in Rule #6. The Prizes will not be returnable for any consideration including cash equivalent. All Prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined solely by the Sponsors.
8) POTENTIAL WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winner will be contacted directly through a direct message to the Instagram account which posted the Submission Video or, in the case that the Submission Video was submitted through the alternate entry at pier1.com/pages/pier1-contest, through the email address associated with that Submission Video. If a potential winner cannot be contacted after a reasonable attempt has been made by the Sponsor, as determined in the Sponsors’ sole discretion, then the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits all rights to the Prize or to be deemed a winner. An alternate potential winner will be selected and notified, time permitting. A maximum of three (3) alternate winners will be selected in an attempt to award the Prize after which, if a winner cannot be verified, the Prize will be unawarded. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Sponsor and the Released Parties disclaim any liability related to the inability to deliver the Prize or Entrants forfeiture of the Prizes or other damages or expenses resulting from or arising out of any aspect of potential winners’ acceptance or use of the Prizes.
9) GENERAL: All federal, state, and other tax liabilities arising from the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner. Neither Sponsors nor any of the Released Parties will enter into any correspondence, including, email, with non-winning entrants. The Official Rules prevail should there be any conflict or uncertainty relating to the Contest based on information or advice provided by any of the Released Entities.
10) CONDUCT: By entering this Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any rights to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. These Official Rules are accessible at https://www.pier1.com/pages/official-rules throughout the Contest Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification. Sponsors reserve the right, to disqualify any individual: (a) for any reason, at Sponsors’ sole discretion; (b) suspected of tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) to be acting in any manner deemed by the Sponsors to be in violation of the Official Rules; (d) to be acting in any manner deemed by the Sponsors to constitute unsportsmanlike or disruptive behavior, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Entities assume no responsibility or liability for: (a) Entrants’ use of third-party intellectual property; (b) any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information, or for any lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (c) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of Entries at any point in the operation of this Contest; (d) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest; (e) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet; or (f) any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or to any other person's computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Contest, or to download any materials from the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not able to run through completion for reasons which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, then Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, without further liability to the Entrants or third parties. In the event the Contest is cancelled, Sponsors reserve the right, but not obligation, to award the Prizes from among all eligible non-suspect Entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. With regard to this Contest, the Sponsors will only contact the Entrants deemed as potential winners for purposes of clearance or awarding Prizes.
12) INDEMNITY: Entrants will indemnify the Sponsor for any third-party claims arising out of or relating to allegations that any submissions or videos infringed upon any intellectual property belonging to third-party.
13) WINNER RELEASES: All Entrants, as a condition of Entry into the Contest, agree to release Released Entities from and against any and all liability, loss, claims, demands or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, costs, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with: (a) submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest; (b) the acceptance, receipt, ownership, use or misuse of any prize awarded; (c) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of the offering of the prize; or (d) any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, leak of personal information, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property-related cause of action.
Entrant grants Sponsor, their subsidiaries, affiliates, associated businesses, and Released Entities a perpetual, unlimited, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, non-revocable, worldwide license to use, publish, reproduce, modify, and distribute any entries, Submission Videos, or any portion thereof, submitted or posted in relation to this Contest. Entrants also grant Sponsor a sub-license for any intellectual property owned by a third-party which is featured in the Submission Video. Entrant waives the right to approval of the Sponsors use of the Submission Videos.
Except where prohibited, Entrants agree to be bound by these rules and consent to the use of their names, address, photographs, any statements made by Entrants, actual or simulated likenesses, and/or biographical information for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes in perpetuity, throughout the universe, by the Sponsors and their designees in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, without notice or further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
15) DISPUTES: Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the phone number submitted at time of Entry. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning Entry, the authorized account holder for the phone number attached to that winning Entry will be declared the Eligibility winner. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to a phone number by the carrier or provider. A potential winner may be asked to provide the Sponsor with satisfactory proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the phone number associated with a potentially winning Entry. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her Instagram profile.
16) GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is conducted in English, and Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration to be held in Miami, Florida, applying the laws of the State of Delaware, and to be administered by a single arbitrator from the Judicial Arbitration & Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) in accordance with JAMS’ rules of practice then in effect or such other procedures as the parties to such arbitration may agree to; and (b) any and all claims, judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant, Entrant, and Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Delaware, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any award issued as a result of such arbitration shall be final and binding between the parties thereto and shall be enforceable by any court having jurisdiction over the party against whom enforcement is sought.
17) WINNER’S LIST: After the Pier1 Social Team selects the winners, the contest post’s caption will be updated to list the winners and the list of winners will be published on Sponsor’s Instagram profile page. You may also request a copy of the winner’s list by sending an email with subject line: “Winner’s List Request” to email@example.com. All such requests must be received within 8 weeks following the conclusion of the Contest Period.
18) SPONSORS AND ADMINISTRATOR:
Contest Sponsor: Pier 1 Imports Online, Inc. located at 1680 Michigan Avenue, Suite 700, Miami Beach, FL 33139.
Apple, Inc.; Google, Inc.; and Facebook, Inc. are neither participants nor sponsors of this contest.
All rights reserved. Entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for the Entrant’s personal use only.