ALL THE FRESH WAYS TO DECORATE WITH NEUTRALS
Home interior trends come and go, but a constant in many people’s homes is the subdued and relaxing palette that neutrals bring. Neutral colors include beige, cream, taupe, brown, gray, black, and white. They don’t appear on the color wheel but they perfectly complement primary and secondary colors. This feature makes them an evergreen design choice since neutrals will fit in any home theme. There are various reasons people go for this motif. It makes for a refreshing environment while giving the illusion of space, especially in much smaller rooms.
However, the neutral game is a tricky trend. If not done well, it can get boring really quickly. So, to keep you from getting tired of your own interiors, we put together 5 fresh ways to decorate your home using neutral colors!
1. Mix wood tones and patterns
Wood is one of the best sources of neutral tones. Having just one tone and wood pattern all around the house can seem repetitive so go for different hues. Lighter tones are great for foundations such as with walls and flooring. However, dark and middle shades can instantly bring life into your home. Check out these ideas:
- The Modern Rustic Lift Top Plank Shelf Entry Storage Bench is a much-needed warmth to a neutral abode. Paired with darker and lighter shades of cushion, this can be the ultimate resting nook for you.
- Bring in a cool brown tone against a gray wall with the Staunton Rustic Farmhouse Double Barn Door TV Stand. It’s functional and great for a touch of farmhouse chic in your traditional home!
- Why stop at different wood tones for various furniture when you can get them all in one! The Multi Tonal Wood Chest has you covered for all the hues you need in your space.
- Bring in the cozy with the Brown Rustic Wood Floor Mirror. Placed against grays and beige, it’s a standout piece your house needs.
- Brown isn’t the only color we can get from wood! This White Vintage Wood Wall Clock looks amazing against cool tones, giving your home that lived-in vibe.
2. Incorporate blacks and metallics
Just because we’re working with neutrals doesn’t mean we can forget other colors. The best part about these relaxed tones is that it contrasts with a lot of colors. Blacks and metallics give any home an edge for a truly modern feel. See these stunning pieces:
- Make your routines more interesting with the Contemporary Gold Wood Wall Mirror. Place it in the bathroom or in the hallway for a classy statement piece.
- This Black Metal And Wood With Table Black And Brass Floor Lamp will turn eyes to the corner of your room. The head of the lamp stays true to the motif while its base and body add a contemporary flair.
- Even your plants need a boost. Pair the Modern Black Metal Planter with neutral ceramics for a look that your friends and family would want to try themselves.
- What we love about the Black Hoddesdon Tv/Media Stand is the contrast between the soft brown and the black. It also has a metal base that gives it a lift, literally and figuratively.
Everybody loves a good art piece at home. This Gold Canvas Wall Art carries abstract strokes inside a gold frame that will make your entryway a true delight.
3. Spice it up with some texture
Textures make everything interesting. It’s an experience that every homeowner and visitor can bask in, especially in a room with muted colors. If you’re sticking to the same shade of neutrals in your home, texture is the key to stimulating your senses at home.
- Start with the windows. The Prima Velvet Solid Room Darkening Set of 2 Window Curtains is silky smooth, perfect against plaster or cement backdrops.
- Don’t let dots freak you out. The Javers Modern Dotted Texture Dark Gray Area Rug is a modern must-have that’s soft to the touch.
- Give your living room a cozy facelift with the Loveable Knit Light Grey Pillow. Mix and match it with crocheted or satin throws.
- The Handmade Woven Storage Basket is exactly what your home needs for some rough but inviting textures. Perfect for living room or kitchen displays, you can place anything you want in it!
- You would want to lounge at the Grey Contemporary Iron Bench all day. It’s like hitting two birds with one stone—it’s got a fuzzy texture with a mix of metallic black!
4. Make a statement with patterns
Aside from texture, patterns also stand out in neutral backgrounds. Pick a pattern for every part of the home that should serve as its statement piece. These pieces will make your interiors sing:
- The Natura Diamond Pattern Light Gray Rug is perfect for the living room. Put a humble coffee table at the center and it will still stick out.
- Your bedroom needs the Home Collection Premium Ultra Soft Alps Chevron Pattern Light Gray Full/Queen (Set of 3) Duvet Covers. The patterns on this set are so subtle to keep you relaxed before drifting off to sleep.
- Employ the Julia Stripe Room Darkening Set of 2 Window Curtain to give you some privacy at home. It has contrasting metallic hues, giving it a prominent striped pattern.
- Turn a blank wall into something more refreshing. Stick this Shiplap Wood Plank Peel And Stick Giant Wall Decals for an easy but still neutral accent wall.
We love the artsy patterns on the Jonathan Y Designs Inc White Ceramic Modern Column Table Lamp. It’s contemporary with a subtle quirk!
5. Bring in unique shapes and dimensions
Many people love symmetry. Who wouldn’t? It is, perhaps, the easiest choice when decorating a space. A neutral home doesn’t have to be in perfect symmetry to look good. Multidimensional decors and shapely structures can give your home an interesting boost. Check out the following looks:
- Hold off on the painting and put the Ralfs Wall Sculpture at the entryway of your home instead. It emanates a contemporary ambience right off the bat.
- Is your home already filled with edgy furniture? Soften it up with the Brown Polystone Abstract Sculpture. The curves will give your home an effortlessly elegant aura.
- The Olga Mid Century Set Of 2 Stone Grey Dining Chairs and the Darwin End Table are every brutalist’s dream furniture. They’re made from concrete but both carry dynamic shapes.
- Place it on your bedside or in the living room beside your taupe sofa. The Luna Accent Table has an hourglass shape that’s both compelling and exotic.
Neutrals need not be boring. Give your home the boost it needs by adding accents and textures here and there!