HOW TO TAKE THAT FIRST DECORATING STEP
Quick Ways to Get the Holiday Decorating Started
It can be overwhelming to put out that first decoration. You may sit and stare longing at your box of decorations...where to start? Well, it’s time to embrace the holidays! It’s never too early to start. To help you get the creativity flowing, we’ve got a few quick tips to start spreading joy with your holiday decor:
- Hang holiday or seasonal wreaths any time of year. Wreaths are a fun and easy way to light up your entryway and bathroom and bedroom doors. A perfect first step to dip your toe into decorating for the season.
- Light candles with scents reminiscent of the holidays (like cinnamon, spruce, or pine). Who doesn’t want their home to smell of holiday joy? Light a holiday candle to bring that cozy and full feeling to your home.
- Put out seasonal decor like a Christmas pillow or doormat. Pillows and doormats are an easy switch-up to constantly refresh your space.
- Cook your favorite holiday meal (even if it’s not the holiday yet!). Bake and decorate holiday cookies to get you in the holiday spirit.
- Hang lights in your windows or house. Is there even such a thing as too many twinkle lights?
- Wrap presents early and put them under the tree to stoke excitement. Presents? Yes please.
- Watch your favorite holiday movies early, while snuggling up with a festive throw. Nothing says holiday like a Christmas classic and a cup of tea.
There is never a bad time to invite more joy into your home, so why not get started today with a little holiday cheer?!