5 TIPS TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR SPRING
The warmth of spring, when we finally shed the layers of winter and enjoy the welcome rays of sunshine. Excited about sprucing up your home for springtime? Here are five lovely ideas to get the most out of the weather turning.
1. Host an outdoor party in your backyard
Spring is one of the seasons that naturally invites people to gather together outdoors. The new grass, the blooming flowers, the feel of the sun on bare skin! There’s something about the weather that puts everyone in a carefree, champagne-drinking kind of mood. Plus, we can all go out and have a barbecue—definitely a reason to host a culinary occasion! To make it enjoyable for everyone, plan a themed party where guests can dress up and dine. Staging it outdoors is a great option to enjoy the fresh air and great vibes. All you need are a few pieces and you’re all set!
- Enjoy all your backyard parties or gaming get-togethers with naturally weather-resistant furniture. Whether it’s a wild card game tournament or a bougie BBQ, the Acacia Counter Height Set of 3 Outdoor Dining Chairs and Table has you covered.
- Make your table look more welcoming with the Homestead Plaid Table Runner, which adds character to it.
- If you want color, pattern, and glamour, look no further than Pier 1’s selection of classy tableware. Our top picks? Pier 1 Lemon Tree Set of 4 Dinner Plates, Hand Painted Salad Serving Bowl and Blue Butterfly Serving Tray.
- Finding the perfect glass can be as critical as choosing the wine itself for wine aficionados. For an affordable and sommelier-friendly choice, we’ve got the Spiegelau Willsberger Bordeaux Set of 4 Glasses. It’s a guaranteed pleaser for all your springtime celebrations.
2. Plant a garden
With the first sign of roses and daffodils, gardening season is upon us, and what better way to start than to prepare all your favorite gardening tools? Planting your own produce saves you dollars and lets you indulge in organic, home-grown fruits and vegetables. The best part is you get to enjoy the delectable flavors you grew yourself!
- Show off your green thumb in a gorgeous planter with the likes of Rustic Wishing Well Planter. Its vintage feel is also a great statement piece.
- Plant and display your herbs in this Grey Iron Farmhouse Plant Stand. This eye-catching galvanized look goes well with rustic and natural garden themes.
- Beautiful blooms will flourish in this Farmhouse 3 Piece Multicolored Metal Planters Set. Tip: Try pink and yellow flowers to contrast against the blue and green of the charming planters.
- Get chairs for your garden so you can chill out and enjoy the company of your plants, or you know, have a calming heart-to-heart talk with someone in the midst of your peaceful haven. We definitely love the classic appeal of San Marino Ladder-Back Outdoor Aluminum Dining Armchair with Cushion Set of 2.
3. Watch the sunrise or sunset from your garden
Watching the sunrise and sunset is awe-inspiring, and it helps you feel more energized, which is probably why it’s recommended to improve one’s mental health. Nature is the healer to the soul, so why not allot a space in your home to get an unobstructed view of the sun’s beauty? While you’re at it, this is also a great time to invest in energy-giving activities such as practicing meditation, reading books, journaling, or writing poems.
- We can already imagine how comfortable it will be lounging in this Hammock Hanging Swing Chair, made for carefree days getting lost in your favorite novels.
- Make your way to your hammock on literally sunny Brown Bursting Sun Glowing Stepping Stones.
- Keep yourself warm at dawn or dusk by wrapping yourself in the Layla Single Throw. This reversible throw has bright flowers on one side and small leaf pattern on the other, giving you two great looks in one item.
- If you’re on the hunt for a quirkier option for your nook, the Boho Faux Rattan Egg Swing Chair with Stand is perfect for a chill retreat! Bonus: it’s made from weather-resistant cushion fabric, keeping you protected come rainy days.
4. Dine al fresco on your deck
Spring is the best time to sit on your patio and watch the flowers bloom while you have brunch with friends, to enjoy a pitcher of lemonade with your kids as they play in the garden, or share a bottle of wine with your spouse over a candlelit dinner. Make a special place on your deck for all these with our suggestions.
- The Modern Boho Acacia Wood Butterfly Leaf Table 6-Pieces Outdoor Dining Set has a patio table that can accommodate extra guests thanks to a butterfly extension. Rain or shine, don’t fear. Poke an umbrella through the center hole.
- Add a splash of springtime green to your table with the Green Lattice Outdoor Tablecloth. Its polyester material makes it spill-proof, weather-proof, and BBQ sauce-proof!
- Bring the sunshine down on your table with these bright 6 Piece Woven Yellow Round Polypropylene Placemats Set. The braided round chargers will add texture and cheer to your table.
- Sydney Furniture Protector Blue and Yellow Single Sofa has the loveliest pattern that immediately makes us think of cottage core vibes. With its size, everyone in the family can fit in.
5. Gaze at the stars from your front porch
There’s something magical about just laying down and observing the constellations that decorate the sky, quietly figuring out the mysteries of the universe from our tiny planet. For best viewing, go to places where the sky is clear and quiet, and make sure you’re equipped with blankets and pillows to make your trip comfortable.
- If you’re leaning towards a weather-resistant loveseat, you can opt for Modern Acacia Wood Outdoor Loveseat instead.
- Chennile Soft Cream Throw and Chenille Basket Weave Cotton Throw Blanket are made only with the coziest and most durable materials to work well on cold nights.
- For reliable back support and sophisticated feel, look no further than Sunbrella Flange Small Set of 2 in Canvas Charcoal with Canvas Natural Outdoor Pillow.
- As you gaze up at the spring night sky, relax in the Menterey Yellow Rocking Chair and let the tinkling of the Zingz & Thingz 34 Bronze Stars Wind Chimes soothe the worries of the day away.